Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Number 3

I haven't written in awhile but still been the same old boring stuff in this small town. I learned last week that during elections for town treasurer and so on, we also vote for something called the Hog Reeve. Every man in Jefferson is put on the ballet. The story goes, whoever wins has to catch any hog that happens to get loose and returns them to their owner. Well, knowing many of the people on that list, it made me laugh to think of some of them chasing a pig! Anyways, nothing ever comes of it but I think I just might ask someone with a pig to let it loose so that a Hog Reeve can finally live up to his name.
On another note, spring is here! And you know how I can tell? the smell of cow poop fills the air, people have their big rigs out mudding in the fields, and there are no more snowmobilers. Pretty excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment